If you continue to encounter an error message saying, ‘a format/lock error occurred in a removable storage device’ or related to an SD card while using Navigation Updater,
it can be associated with reading/writing issues of an SD or SD card reader. Please refer to the following to find a solution
- 'How to fix ‘A format/lock error occurred in a removable storage device’
- Check the Lock settings on your SD card
- If a button on the left side of the SD card is down, it is locked. Or it is up, it indicates it is unlocked
- After moving/confirming if the button is up, connect to a PC
Check if an SD Card can be formatted manually
If the SD card is detected in My PC (or My Computer) but unable to be formatted, go to 3.
- Refer to 2) on how to manually format an SD card ‘An error occurred while copying from PC to a removable storage device.’
- Go to ‘An error occurred while copying from PC to a removable storage device.’ ☜ Click
- If the SD card is detected in My PC (or My Computer) but unable to be formatted, go to 3.
- Reboot the PC after disconnecting the SD card > Proceed the update by connecting to another USB port
※ Reference: When you remove an SD card from the PC, you may select a safe eject method for prolonged use of the SD card.
If you continue to experience the same issue after trying the instructions above, please try other PCs or SD card readers.