Tips for Copying an Update to a Portable Device
1. Saving to a USB device or SD card Save the update file(s) in the Root directory of your portable device.
- We are not responsible for portable device-related issues during an update.
- When choosing to update your Navigation system using the Navigation Updater,
saving the updates directly to a portable USB device removes the need to transfer the files from your hard disk drive.
SD Card and USB device
1. Select a USB device for the update (if applicable).
Recommended Type of USB Device
- The stability of the upgrade depends upon having a good device connection. Devices with contact wear should not be used. Use a good quality thumb drive.
2. Select an SD card for the update: recommended specifications
1) A high-quality SD card is recommended for updates
- Using a normal SD card can result in low connection stability and may compromise the data transfer.
2) Recommended Specifications when Using a Normal SD Card
- It is necessary to use an SD card with a storage capacity of 32GB. It is recommended to use an SD card that supports speed levels of UHS-I or above.
SD Card Recommended Specifications